It is 100Pedals mission to help family members and parents discover the educational and inspirational resources to help them deal with the chaos of a loved one’s addiction. As a loved one’s addictive behaviors escalates, living at home is not an option. Many parents struggle with the taking action of not allowing their child to live with them anymore. There are few great options for them.
Addicted2Spinning is 100Pedals’ National Campaign to raise funds and awareness about addiction in our country. It is our quest to use this platform to help BREAK the CYCLE of addiction in our communities.
It is our objective through this campaign to raise money for local sober and transitional living homes in at least 15 cities in 2015. We are going to be conducting these fund raising events at local Spin Cycling Clubs across the country. Our goals are:
- Raise at least $3,000 at each of our 15 Addicted2Spinning events
- The money raised at every event goes directly to a local sober/transitional living facility in the city where the event is held
- Raise over $50,000 in 2015 to support residences providing our addicted loved ones the affordable, accessible care and accommodations they need.
- 100% of the money we raise at these events and 50% of all other donations will go directly to our selected local sober living facilities.
Many of us are aware how powerful an addiction can be. Those who spin have a positive addiction to good health and exercise. They find joy and fulfillment in the accomplishment of these hard, challenging workouts. The spin community is an example of a wonderful, positively addicted community.
Not everyone is so positively addicted. Drug and alcohol addiction is an adverse addiction. It ruins lives, destroys families and is a growing problem in our society.
Through the collaborative support of the positively addicted spin community, we are going to help those with their adverse addictions find access the type of accommodations most beneficial for them as they transition out of rehab or jail. It is in this transition from a controlled environment that those battling an addiction are most at risk for a relapse, or even worse, an overdose.
Returning home is rarely an option and living on the street is not the answer.
You have the opportunity to participate in this event in three ways:
- Join us for a local Addicted2Spinning Event near you. Contact Dave Cooke if you don’t see your city on our list. 100Pedals is in the process of finalizing the calendar for this campaign. Please let us know if you would like your city to be part of this program.
- Donate to the Kick-Off Campaign.
- Be a sponsor. Contact Dave Cooke
(Note: Your contributions to Addicted2Spinning are tax deductible. 100Pedals is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. IRS Code:501(c)(3) Tax ID Number: 47-1567141)
Your participation, donation, or sponsorship helps provides parents with the peace of mind that their child has a place to live as they proceed on their recovery journey. We are going to change lives one person, one family, one facility, and one city at a time.
Helping their loved ones find the proper resources to live is an incredible gift to those families. Your contribution makes a difference. I hope you will help us hit our goal. And, I hope to see you soon at a local spin club near you! Peace!