As part of this year’s Cycling for Recovery addiction awareness campaign we seek to personalize the issue beyond statistics by creating a wall of names on both sides of our van. As we share the stories of those whose lives have been impacted by addiction, we bring a personal reality to this issue which is devastating families all across the country.
Beginning August 28, 2017, Dave Cooke, will be cycling from Charleston, SC to San Diego, CA. This 3,300-mile cycling campaign, is a 7,000 mile, 18 state, 90-day round trip mission to raise awareness of addiction in our communities while bringing a message of love and hope to those impacted by addiction in their lives..
“As we travel across the country, nothing is more tangible and real to the issue of addiction than experiencing it beyond statistics and numbers, and seeing the names of some of the many brothers, sisters, moms, dads, sons, and daughters who are part of the carnage in this serious national crisis.” – Dave Cooke, Executive Director, 100Pedals.
Dave Cooke will be departing Phoenix on August 16 for the Cycling for Recovery 2017 kick off ride in Charleston, SC on Sunday, August 27. The bike ride will conclude in San Diego, CA on November 18. This cycling trip includes stops in Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Abilene, El Paso, Tucson, and Phoenix.
Honor Wall Program:
100 Pedals has designated the area in the front middle panel areas on the driver’s side of the van for this program. There will be two different designation areas:
- “Praying for those we love” – Dedicated to loved ones who are either in active addiction or long-term recovery
- “Remembering those we have lost” – Dedicated to loved ones who have been lost to their addiction
- Pricing for a 2”x 4” name block is $250
- To get your block on the Van in time for the Cycling for Recovery campaign, you must submit your order by July 31, 2017.
- 100Pedals is a 501c3 non-profit (IRS# 47-1567141) – all program contributions are tax deductible.
(Note: The Cooke Group, LLC manages the transaction portal for these donations.)