On this Thanksgiving Thursday, I am grateful to have the opportunity to celebrate my son’s presence in my life and for his courage in sharing his addiction story. My youngest son, Brandon, offers very powerful insights and perspectives as a son dealing with his heroin addiction.
In conversation we discuss from his perspectives:
- His struggle and progress with his recovery
- The family dynamic in both relapse and recovery
- A very memorable conversation about Enabling
- The power and influence of boundaries
- What happened when he decided to change his life
If you have struggled to understand the mind and behaviors of an addicted person, you will be enlightened by this conversation. Grateful and impressed with Brandon articulate insights and comments. I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to have this incredible conversation. Peace!