Personalizing the issue of addiction in our communities…
100Pedals is providing families an opportunity to memorialize or honor loved ones who are struggling or have been lost to their addiction on its Cycling for Recovery van as part of the Cycling for Recovery 2017 Ride.
As part of this year’s Cycling for Recovery Ride, 100Pedals’ Executive Director, Dave Cooke, will be cycling from Charleston, SC to San Diego, CA. This 3,300-mile cycling journey, is a 7,000 mile, 18 state, 90-day round trip campaign to raise awareness of addiction in our communities while bringing a message of love and hope to those impacted by addiction in their lives..
“As we travel across the country, nothing is more tangible and real to the issue of addiction than experiencing it beyond statistics and numbers, and seeing the names of some of the many brothers, sisters, moms, dads, sons, and daughters who are part of the carnage in this serious national crisis.” – Dave Cooke, Executive Director, 100Pedals.
Dave Cooke will be departing Phoenix on August 16 for the Cycling for Recovery 2017 kick off ride in Charleston, SC on Sunday, August 27. The bike ride will conclude in San Diego, CA on November 18. This cycling trip includes stops in Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Abilene, El Paso, Tucson, and Phoenix.
Honor Wall Program:
- There are two designated recognition areas on the Cycling for Recovery Van:
- “Praying for those we love” – This is our “Addiction Awareness” section, dedicated to those loved ones in active addiction or long-term recovery. In this area, which is the entire middle panel area on the passenger side, parents and family members can recognize those loved ones who are struggling or in recovery. We anticipate that most of these bricks will feature initials, nicknames, plus inspiring messages or sayings.
- “Remembering those we have lost” – This our “Overdose Awareness” section, dedicated to loved ones lost to their addiction. The middle panel area on the driver’s side of the van is the dedicated area for parents and family members to feature the name and other information of a loved one who lost to their addiction.
- Pricing for a 2”x 4” name block is as follows:
- “Praying for those we love” – $200 (early bird offer – ends June 30, limited to first 23 donors)
- “Remembering those we have lost” – $200 (early bird offer – ends June 30, limited to first 23 donors)
- “Praying for those we love” – $275
- “Remembering those we have lost” – $275
- If you would like your brick featured on the Cycling for Recovery Van before we start our Cycling for Recovery trip, you must purchase a brick by July 31. Space is limited to 110 donors for each segment.
- With purchase of a name block on the van, sponsors will receive:
- A 2” x 4” area to be used as desired to honor the designated individual. Note, the more text in this space results in a smaller display font.
- A picture provided to you of your block on the van.
- 100Pedals is a 501c3 non-profit (IRS# 47-1567141): all donations to this program are tax deductible.
Here is how the process works:
- After you place your order, you will receive a thank you note with specific instructions. As follows:
- Email me: dave@100Pedals.com
- Provide the following information
- Your name
- What area you wish your block to be posted
- Praying for those we love
- Remembering those we have lost
- What you want included in your block
- Please note, more text equals a smaller font and will be harder to read from a distance
- I will confirm via email what you sent me and the information you have provided
- We will be posting blocks on the van in groups of ten (10)
- Depending upon demand, it may take as long as two weeks before your block is installed
- As soon as your block is installed, I will email you a photo for your records and to share as you wish.