100Pedals ISM #1: Life is very simple; it is our mental gymnastics that complicates it.
- Life offers us tremendous opportunities to live, to learn, to grow, to experience, and to celebrate.
- Without the fear of failure, risk, loss, rejection, or inadequacy making decisions or taking action would be easy.
- Fear is the result of our experiences, our familial environment, our life education and our perceptions.
- Our head is the source for all fear as it is the great repository of all experiences historical or hysterical.
- Our head uses this knowledge to protect us from failure and justifies resistance to any actions toward unknown outcomes.
- Passion and opportunity is suppressed by the fears developed, created, and promoted by our historical perspectives.
- Our heart is where our passion, our inspiration, and our dreams live.
- Our heart is the expression of our authentic self — who we are.
- Because we often ask our mind for permission to approve the dreams developed in the heart, they often die in our head.
- Learning to simply listen to that inner voice in our heart creates opportunity and fosters change.
- Trusting what is not known, but desired by your inner self, is where innovation and discovery blossoms.
- Keep it simple — live your life by listening to the voice in your heart while letting your mind learn from the experience.
I have discovered the key to successful living is in learning to listen to and follow my passion. Quite honestly, the practice of this commitment is work. However, I am more at peace, more energized, more clear, and more focused when I allow my dreams to blossom in my life. When I work at defining the outcome, making certain I know how I will be successful, or seek internal or external affirmation of my dreams, I struggle to get moving. When I simply embrace an idea for what it is — a message from the heart — I have more energy, passion, and excitement. And, it is easier for me to simply commit to staying in action because I know it is being driven by the authentic me. The outcomes of these behaviors have been incredible and they are at the core of the transformation most everyone around me has witnessed.
Over the next few weeks I will sharing 100Pedals ISM‘s. An ISM is an “Inspiring, Simple Mantra.” It has been two years since I began my personal transformational journey known as 100Pedals. Over that period, I have shared over 200 perspectives, thoughts, and experiences through articles or blogs on this site. Yet, I am not completely confident that I have succeeded in clearly defining what 100Pedals is. In order to more clearly define 100Pedals, I am going to share some of my core beliefs and experiences in an organized manner. Hopefully this will more clearly define the beliefs, values, and philosophies behind 100Pedals.