On July 31, 2016, Dave Cooke and 100Pedals will officially kick-off the Cycling for Recovery Ride in Santa Monica, CA. This ride is a nine-week, 3600 mile cross country cycling trip from Santa Monica to New York City.
The mission behind this ride is to bring awareness to the issue of substance abuse and addiction in our communities while providing support and encouragement to those who dealing with addiction in their lives. Learn more here.
This is a cycling trip I cannot complete alone.
I am looking for people interested in riding along in a support vehicle just in case I need help, assistance, and encouragement! The responsibilities for those in the support vehicle are quite simple:
- Be there in case of mechanical or physical issues
- Provide social media updates real-time as we travel across the country
- Digitally capture the experiences, i.e. conversations and events along the way
- Take the lead in interacting with local event coordinators at presentation stops along the way
Since each of you has a full-time job, or at least a significant enough of a commitment at home, it would be impossible to expect you would be able to take nine weeks off and travel the country with me.
Have you considered taking a week out of your busy schedule and join me for part of the adventure?
Here is what you need to know:
- You are responsible for travel arrangements and costs to and from the start and stop leg you volunteer for
- You will be fed and provided a place to sleep -we will be camping mostly or staying in hotels
- You will be appreciated and loved more than you will know
Please go to the volunteer page and look at the Cycling for Recovery Volunteer calendar – http://100Pedals.com/volunteers-needed. If there is a slot that looks inviting to you, please contact me. I would love to have you participate in this incredible mission.