Two weeks down, three or more to go. I am wrestling with the notion of breaking off the trip a little early as I have had a little difficulty filling the calendar after Memorial Day in Oklahoma and Texas — maybe they don’t need me there, yet.
Despite this little challenge, the first two weeks were filled with great experiences and the next few weeks feature a lot of exciting events. I have officially driven over 3700 miles, through ten states, stopped in nine different cities, participated in eight events and have completed two formal bike rides. All in sixteen days!
I was feeling a little frustrated by my inability to correspond during this trip, until I looked at the pace of activity. I really have been too crazy busy to write. Rather than attempt to provide a quick summary of all my experiences, I have decided to bring you up to speed with some bullet points of my observations, experiences, and thoughts. If you want to know, in greater detail, the story behind the comment, just ask:
- When the wind blows in the Texas panhandle, there isn’t much it won’t move — just ask my laptop!
- Three consecutive ten-plus hour driving days is far too much for one person to do alone!
- The two great biking experiences would have been even more enjoyable if there was no wind and much more sun!
- I have learned to live out of my back seat like a true professional – space is overrated!
- The heroin epidemic has everyone concerned to the point every local resident fears their area is one of the worst hit in the country!
- Moms and dads dealing with addiction show so much pain and hurt it is hard not to feel for them just by looking at them!
- There are so many resources for getting help and support, unfortunately there are not enough people that know where to go, who to ask, or how to look for it!
- I love the passionate proactive groups that do so much good in their local community — now is the time for these groups to learn to collaborate, integrate and leverage their collective power and energy!
- I have been honored and humbled more than once in my talks — grateful for all the love and energy I am surrounded by!
- Nothing is better than the gift of friendship — new and old. This trip, like the others, features amazing sponsors, supporters, and fans! I am blessed!
- Living a life of passion and commitment is not as easy, fun, or simple as it may seem. But, it is certainly better than living a remarkably normal existence.
- Every day, every moment is a gift and an opportunity to live, learn, and grow. Even when things go wrong, there is a reason to appreciate the lesson behind the chaos.
May you find peace in the moment, joy in the experience, and a lesson in the process — when you do, your life will be enriched!
Onward — keep moving and celebrate the life you have!!