We took a unique break from our traditional format. Instead of having a guest on this podcast, we opted to ask our parent listeners to provide issues and struggles for host, Dave Cooke, to reflect on. The response was tremendous. Thank you! From your submissions, we selected five questions that best reflected the general tone of all your questions.
Today’s podcast focuses on the following topical areas:
1. Dealing with a child who is not ready to embrace recovery; yet is at tremendous risk if they don’t.
2. The challenges of finding effective recovery programs for our children.
3. Inspiring a child to get on with their life, post recovery.
4. Responding to societal related issues of family, friends, relatives -judgement, scorn, ignorance – who just don’t understand the roller coaster pain of a parent’s addiction journey.
5. Handling family divides, especially between siblings, that result from everyone’s respective addiction related experiences.
Thank you to the parents who submitted questions. We will do this again. My son has offered to participate in our next Q&A session to bring someone with personal addiction experience and perspective into the conversation.
Next week (January 8) we will resume our series of guest interviews. In the meantime, enjoy and many blessings to you and your families through this holiday season and into 2015!