In thirty days you can accomplish a great deal.
In thirty days you can completely alter the path or course in your life.
Here are a few examples of successful outcomes that are possible in thirty days:
- You can break a bad habit. It only takes 30 days to break a habit; it takes 100 days to create a new one.
- You can run nearly 100 miles. If you run three miles a day, every single day.
- You can walk nearly 100 miles. If you walk for one hour a day, every single day.
- You can ride your bike nearly 400 miles. If you ride over 12 miles a day, every single day.
- You can discover over thirty different ways to express gratitude for those things you are thankful for in your life.
- You can memorize thirty mantras, bible verses, inspirational sayings to guide, support and encourage you.
- You can lose ten pounds simply by cutting out at least 1,000 junk calories from your current eating program.
- You can change your life by doing something positive for yourself, every single day.
For those parents who are dealing with addiction in their families, this list is being shared to make you think about your behaviors.
What are you doing in your life to create positive, effective change?
My son, Brandon, earned his 30-day chip Saturday. It is really not the first time he received a 30-day chip. It was different for him this time. He said, “this is the first time I earned it.” This time he did the work, focused on the positive actions and attitudes required to move in a powerful direction, and took a moment to celebrate the accomplishments of his changes and commitment.
Then I thought about it. I am asking him to change his life. What am I doing to change mine? What am I doing in my life that I could change, improve, do better, or stop doing completely? If my son can focus on changing his life; or, if I am expecting him to change something about his life – am I setting the example I desire him to follow? Are you setting the example of a change mentality to improve your life and show your child the way? If not, why not? Perhaps it is time to get busy and work on your change!
If you decide to take the 30-day Challenge, please send me a comment and share what your challenge is. Peace!
100Pedals has just released two new programs for parents.
“Four Rules to Live By” is an audio segment that provides parents perspective for their approach for dealing with addiction in the family. To obtain your digital download click here.
“Addiction Conversation” is a weekly podcast where Dave Cooke interviews parents, those in recovery, counselors, and legal experts to provide their perspectives from their experiences with addiction. To listen to an individual session click here or to download the podcast to I-Tunes click here.