100Pedals ISM #3: Our dreams are only interrupted by our belief that we cannot get there.
- We are responsible for the outcomes of our commitment to our mission, vision, values, and passion.
- The outcomes we pursue are often dependent upon the involvement, participation, and engagement of others.
- Even though we possess the ability to influence, guide and inspire those around us, we have no control over them.
- We leverage the enthusiasm of our vision to coach, educate, and encourage others to join and support us.
- Engagement and participation is never a guarantee — for everyone is driven by their own needs, values, attitudes, and dreams.
- Achievement is completely dependent upon our commitment to our vision.
- Our successes are defined by the two behaviors you can truly control:
- The enthusiasm, passion, energy and joy we bring to the mission — attitude;
- The willingness to drive, push through, engage, and persevere — effort.
As I reflect upon my failures and my successes all outcomes can be defined by these assessments — I gave up or I persevered. It is true that nothing accomplished in life is achieved without the engagement or involvement of others. Even though we rely on the skills, talents, and experiences of others to facilitate successful outcomes, maintaining the momentum, the energy, and the focus to get there is completely ours. I am reminded of this challenge as I work on the 100PedalsRide. This is a massive undertaking that is reliant upon the skills, time, support, and experiences of many. While I continue to engage others to assist me in this venture, I am ultimately the only person truly vested in this outcome. This my dream, my vision, and my passion. When all is said and done, I am the only person responsible for pulling or pushing the 100PedalsRide across the finish line. My attitude is what inspire others and energizes me. My effort is where my commitment and the focus live. My successes are ultimately defined by my attitude and my effort. When I have been successful I stayed engaged to the desired outcome. When I have not succeeded it is because I became discouraged and eventually gave up.
Stay committed and focused. Be inspired and inspiring. Live and love the journey and you will celebrate a successful outcome. All you can truly control is your attitude and your effort. Embracing this is the key to all your future endeavors!
Over the next few weeks I will sharing 100Pedals ISM‘s. An ISM is an “Inspiring, Simple Mantra.” It has been two years since I began my personal transformational journey known as 100Pedals. Over that period, I have shared over 200 perspectives, thoughts, and experiences through articles or blogs on this site. Yet, I am not completely confident that I have succeeded in clearly defining what 100Pedals is. In order to more clearly define 100Pedals, I am going to share some of my core beliefs and experiences in an organized manner. Hopefully this will more clearly define the beliefs, values, and philosophies behind 100Pedals.